OAPEN works with publishers to build a quality controlled collection of open access books and provides services for publishers, libraries, and research funders in the areas of dissemination, quality assurance, and digital preservation.
OAPEN operates two platforms, the OAPEN Library and - in partnership with OpenEdition - the Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB).
The OAPEN Library is set up to host and disseminate OA books. Usage of the collection is reported following COUNTER-conformant usage statistics.
This section highlights services and information relevant for funders.
- Join - Funders
- Services - Funders
- ERC - European Research Council
- FWF - The Austrian Science Fund
- Knowledge Unlatched
- NWO - The Dutch Research Council
- DFG – German Research Foundation
- SCOAP3 - The Sponsoring Consortium for Open Access Publishing in Particle Physics
- SNSF - Swiss National Science Fund
- Funder requirements - overview