Job opening: Community manager OAPEN & DOAB
OAPEN and the Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB) are looking for a Community manager, responsible for the development of and engagement with our library community. This is a full-time position (40 hrs/week). OAPEN and DOAB have their offices in The Hague in the Netherlands, but the position is open to working remotely.
The deadline for applications is 31 March 2023.
- acquisition of library memberships and sponsors;-
- library community management;
- coordination of the OAPEN and DOAB annual meeting for supporting libraries:
- coordination and chairing of the OAPEN and DOAB library working group on metadata;
- contribution to OA books network
- communication for OAPEN and DOAB, including newsletters, social media, website, marketing material, coordination of annual stakeholder report etc.
- build sustaining relationships with library supporters and other stakeholders;
- develop communication packages for libraries and other relevant stakeholders;
- organize and participate in events to engage with the community and boost awareness;
- provide updates on new services and features to the community;
- produce and disseminate evidence, good case practices and impact reports regarding services;
- relevant work experience in communication and customer relations/partnerships
- experience in scholarly communication, within libraries or academic publishing
- experience in or familiarity with open access and book publishing
- excellent communication skills
- fluency in English (spoken/written)
- willingness to travel
- Masters degree
- Full time position: 40 hours per week.
- The salary will be between € 4,241 and € 4,736 gross per month (depending on the experience), plus a vacation allowance of 8% and a December allowance of 3.25%.
- Holidays allowance is 30 days per year.
- Period of Appointment: A 1-year contract will be offered initially. A permanent contract will be possible, depending on performance.
- Reports to the Director.
- Location is the OAPEN Office, Koninklijke Bibliotheek, The Hague but remote work is an option.
- Starting date: As soon as possible, preferably no later than 1 May 2023.
- Application deadline: 31 March 2023.
- Questions and applications should be sent to director Niels Stern, stern[@]oapen.org.
About OAPEN and DOAB
OAPEN and DOAB promote and support the transition to open access (OA) for academic books by providing open infrastructure services to stakeholders in scholarly communication. OAPEN staff operate three platforms:
- The OAPEN Library - a central repository for hosting and distribution of over 25,000 peer-reviewed OA books,
- The OAPEN Open Access Books Toolkit - a public information resource, and
- The Directory of Open Access Books - a discovery service indexing over 65,000 peer-reviewed OA books, governed in partnership with OpenEdition.
OAPEN and DOAB are both not-for-profit Dutch Foundations (‘Stichting’) founded in 2010 and 2019 respectively, and managed by a team of ten people.