Job opening: Project manager
OAPEN Foundation is looking for a project manager to help managing a Horizon Europe funded project about research funder policies and strategies for open access books across Europe and beyond. The project (called PALOMERA) answered to this call and starts 1 January 2023.
It will run for two years; involving 16 partners (universities, publishers, libraries, advocacy and funder organisations, and research infrastructures) across Europe. In addition to project management, the candidate will also be involved in communication activities.
We are looking for a colleague with skills and experience in project management and communication. Knowledge of the subject matter is not required, but we expect that the candidate will be curious and interested in learning new things. In short, we invite candidates who have
- A bachelor’s degree (preferably a master’s degree).
- Project management experience (min. 2 years).
- Good communication skills.
- Good command of English.
- An open mind and interest in learning new things.
- A flexible and service-oriented attitude.
Conditions of employment
- The position is a full-time position (40-hour workweek) for a fixed term of 2.5 years.
- Starting date: 1 November 2022 (or as soon as possible)
- The holiday entitlement consists of 30 days (annually) based on a 40-hour working week.
- Salary range: €40,000 to €50,000 per annum, dependening on skills and experience
- The position involves some travelling.
- The OAPEN offices are in The Hague, however the candidate can work remotely from any European country.
How to apply
Please send a covering letter and CV to OAPEN Director Niels Stern, email@example.com by 17:00 CEST on the closing date of 14 October 2022.
OAPEN promotes and supports the transition to open access (OA) for academic books by providing open infrastructure services to stakeholders in scholarly communication. OAPEN operates three platforms:
- the OAPEN Library - a central repository for hosting and disseminating peer-reviewed OA books
- OAPEN Open Access Books Toolkit - a toolkit on OA book publishing, and
- the Directory of Open Access Books - a discovery service indexing peer-reviewed OA books, in partnership with OpenEdition.
OAPEN is a not-for-profit Dutch Foundation (‘Stichting’) founded in 2010, governed by a Board of Directors and managed by a team of seven people. More information about OAPEN can be found here.