Job opening: Finance and Administration Officer
OAPEN is hiring a Finance and Administration Officer to enable the OAPEN organisation to execute its activities which also includes the management of the DOAB Foundation.
Financial management of OAPEN’s operational and project activities, including
- monthly financial statements, cash flows, and budget forecasts for the Director,
- quarterly reports to the OAPEN and DOAB Boards including budgets and forecasts,
- year-end closing and preparation of accurate and timely financial statements, annual financial reports, and statistics together with external bookkeeper and registered accountant,
- OAPEN’s payroll activities and HR handbook in collaboration with external consultant.
- Professional experience in financial control and accounting, ideally in the non-profit sector.
- Understanding of the legal frameworks applicable in the Netherlands.
- Excellent people skills, with experience collaborating in a diverse and dynamic team.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, general proficiency in other Office Suite applications, experience with accounting systems and database management.
- Fluent in Dutch and English.
- Part time position: 16 hours per week (40% of a full time equivalent).
- The salary for full-time is between € 3,589 and € 4,736 per month (depending on the experience), plus a vacation allowance of 8% and a December allowance of 3.25%.
- Holidays for full-time is 30 days.
- Period of Appointment: A 1-year contract will be offered initially. A permanent contract will be possible, depending on performance.
- Reports to the Director.
- Location is the OAPEN Office, Koninklijke Bibliotheek, The Hague but remote work is an option.
- Starting date: As soon as possible, preferably no later than 1 March 2023.
- Questions can be sent (in English) to Director Niels Stern, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Application deadline: 19 February 2023.
OAPEN is a not-for-profit Dutch Foundation (‘Stichting’) founded in 2010, governed by a Board of Directors and managed by a team of seven people. More information about OAPEN can be found here. OAPEN is also responsible for the administration of the DOAB Foundation (not-for-profit ‘Stichting’) which is governing the Directory of Open Access Books.
OAPEN promotes and supports the transition to open access (OA) for academic books by providing open infrastructure services to stakeholders in scholarly communication. OAPEN operates three platforms: 1) the OAPEN Library - a central repository for hosting and distribution of over 25,000 peer-reviewed OA books, 2) OAPEN Open Access Books Toolkit, and 3) the Directory of Open Access Books - a discovery service indexing over 60,000 peer-reviewed OA books, in partnership with OpenEdition.